Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's National Library Week!

See we get a whole week and not just a day! We are really important, I mean it's not like the ALA or any other entity just came up with this right? So it's a week of fine free discharges, new book displays, special programming and an entire week to pimp your library to all of your users.  Wait, shouldn't we be trying to get more than our core group through the doors?  I tried, I showed a documentary that we would normally not show, I got a total of 11 people, although successfully of the 11, nine were not regular users so I take a small victory there. (And they even thanked me for showing it, actual appreciation from patrons, wow!) Now today we will show a right wing conspiracy theory documentary, and I'm sure we'll have well over 100 for that, sigh.  WHY???

And on the first day of library week I got an unexpected present, someone hit my car in the parking lot and just left, so yes there is a large dent in my back bumper, and yesterday another worker's car was also hit in the parking lot.  So, uhm yeah, thanks patrons for showing us how much you appreciate us!  But I digress, I usually like my patrons, except for the group smoking weed outside the main entrance today, sadly I did not feel like telling the coworkers that the strange smell was marijuana and not some sort of new stranger tobacco, so we let that go.

Ahh, now back to budgeting and number crunching, the "joys" of management type jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment